View 2D maps of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline route and available FEIS data, including milepost markers and waterbody crossings.
View the proposed Keystone XL route in 3D with your web browser. Data includes milepost markers, waterbody crossings, and gas and water wells.
Get the complete picture. View the proposed Keystone XL data plus add-on maps, including aquifers and the Voluntary Evacuation Zone, in Google Earth.
After a delay of over two and half years, the Department of State has responded to my request for
“… a copy of all communications, reports, records, emails, and other documents related to FOIA request F-2012-25735, Thomas Bachand, and/or the Keystone Mapping Project.”
This request was made on April 8, 2014 to determine the nature of the department’s denial of my original request for Keystone XL GIS milepost data.
To my surprise the request returned 22 documents totally 54 pages, mostly internal emails. Unfortunately, most of documents are redacted. The remainder are copies of emails I sent to the the DoS or their direct replies to me.
On January 4th I followed up with an email to the DoS and OGIS:
I am in receipt of a DoS response to my FOIA request F2014-06825… The response is comprised, almost exclusively, of 54 pages of internal emails. All are labeled “unclassified,” yet have been fully redacted. Can you explain this?
The DoS responded with an official brush-off:
You have the right to appeal our determination by writing, within 90 days, to A/GIS/IPS, U.S. Department of State, SA-2, Room 8100, Washington, D.C. 20522-8100. The appeal letter should refer to the case number shown above, clearly identify the decision being appealed, and provide supporting arguments when possible.
Kellie N. Robinson
U.S. Department of State
FOIA Program Manager/FOIA Public Liaison
Programs and Policies Division
Office of Information Programs and Services
- IL FOIA – Map Update: Dakota Access Discharge Wells
- Map: Dakota Access Pipeline SD-IL
- Map Upgrade: Keystone Pipeline North to South
- FOIA Update: Clinton Emails Delay ALL DoS FOIA Requests
- DoS FOIA Delays Doubled: A Bug or Feature?
- Map: Kansas Confidential
- FOIA Update: Who Owns Keystone XL Map Data?
- The Keystone XL and the US Oil Export Ban
- Dept of State Parses “all” to Avoid Keystone Disclosure
- Map Update: The Sand Hills in WY, CO, SD, NE, & KS
- FOIA Appeal Finding: Dept of State Defers to TransCanada
- Map Update: Keystone XL North
- FOIA Update: Appeal Hearing Delayed for Fifth Time
- The Cartographer’s Illusion